Your Profile: The Overview Tab
The Overview tab is where you and visitors to your profile go to understand your expertise - your skills, your experience, your achievements, and your learning. It provides a comprehensive look at you and all the learning and data you’ve added to Degreed.
Use the Overview tab to build a more robust Degreed profile, engage with skills and Skill Ratings, and complete content across Degreed, to see more meaningful representations of all your Degreed activity.
- Profile tabs: Use the Profile tabs to easily access and manage your skills, collections items, and activity.
- Build your Profile: A visual snapshot of where you are in completing your profile. As you complete your profile, Degreed gives you a more personalized experience.
- The Skills chart: An interactive, visual representation of your Skill Signals over time. By default, the number of Skill Signals for your Top six skills (ordered from the highest Skill Ratings to the lowest Skill Ratings) display, with those skills listed in the Skills table. Click Focus to view the number of Skill Signals specific to your selected Focus Skills (up to four).
Skills table: The list of skills represented in the chart above them. These skills update when you toggle from Top skills to Focus Skills.
- Skill name: Click to open the skill's Skill Signals page to view details about your Skill-related activities that make up that skill's Skill Signals
Skill Ratings: Each Skill Rating counts as one Skill Signal. You can add or edit a Self Rating, request or view a Manager Rating, and start, continue, or complete a Skill Review. To view the rating type, hover over it.
Signals pill: Click the Signals pill to open the skill's Skill Signals page, or hover over it for a high-level view of what types of Skill Signals are associated to the skill:
Actions menu (): Access additional options such as:
- View Skill Signals: Opens a page for the specific skill you selected with details related to signals, ratings, experiences, achievements.
- Find content: Opens a search results page with content items that are associated to the skill.
- Recommend this Skill: Opens the Recommend a Skill Rating dialog box. Use this to suggest another Degreed user complete a Self Rating or Skill Review, for themselves, for that skill.
- Edit rating: Opens the Rating dialog box, where you can start a new Skill Review, send your manager a request for an updated Manager Rating, or update your Self Rating.
- Remove skill: Removes the skill from your profile.
- Add/Remove Focus Skill: Sets or removes the skill from your Focus Skills list. Removing a skill as a Focus Skill does not remove the skill from your profile.
- Experiences: Your experiences can include anything that demonstrates proficiency with the skill, including your current and former job positions, mentorships, volunteering, and more. Each experience you add can be associated with skills, and those skill associations become Skill Signals, which further enhances your overall skills snapshot.
- Achievements: Demonstrate your skill proficiency by adding your achievements. Accomplishments, awards, certificates, badges, degrees...each achievement you add can be associated to a skill, just like your experiences, and can provide a more holistic overview of your entire lifetime of learning.
- Learning: View your most recently-completed content items in Degreed.