This experience provides better role and skill selections for new Degreed users, and encourages users to populate their Degreed Profile with roles, skills, experiences, and achievements. This results in enhanced Degreed content recommendations, discoverability for Opportunities and in People search, and a more personalized Degreed Home page.
For new users, Degreed defaults to the language preference setting of your browser if Degreed is available in that specific language. If Degreed does not support the language preference setting of your browser, Degreed defaults to English - US, except if your browser is set to a variant of French, Portuguese, Chinese, or Spanish. Degreed defaults to the default for those languages.
For example if your browser language is set to Spanish-Argentina, Degreed defaults to Spanish-Latin America. If your browser language is set to French-Polynesia, Degreed defaults to French-France.
A series of walkthrough tours are available for each step in the onboarding process. These tours guide learners through the onboarding process, providing context on how each step enables the learner to build their learning profile.
The onboarding experience includes the following screens.
- Getting Started: The introductory step that introduces the Onboarding Experience.
- Select Your Role: Select your role from one of the presented options, or use Search for role.
- Selected Skills for Your Role: Select specific skills from the default list of skills assigned to your selected role. Skills presented for each role are determined by the Degreed Skill I/O or the custom Skill taxonomy for your organization.
- Upload Your Resume: The resume parsing feature enables users to drag-and-drop or upload their resume into Degreed. Degreed then parses the text from the resume and adds the user's Experiences and skills from their work history. You can also click Skip Resume to advance to the next step without uploading your resume.
Degreed does not exchange or store any text or information that is not specifically selected by a user from an uploaded resume. Only the skills and experiences that the user selects in the next step are stored in the user's profile in Degreed.
After the resume text is parsed, the experiences (your past roles) and the number of skills related to those roles display:
You can remove the experiences by clicking Remove. Or, click Edit to add or delete skills or add more details to the Experiences.
After you review the scanned experiences and skills, when you click Next Step, they automatically add to your Profile.
- Add Skill Ratings and Focus Skills: You are prompted to add at least three Self Ratings to the skills added to your profile.
- You can add new skills to your profile by using the Search for skills field. Click Remove to remove parsed skills from your profile.
- To add Focus Skills to your profiles, select the star icon to designate a minimum of one, and a maximum of four, Focus Skills.
- Click Finish when you've completed onboarding.
Resume Parsing Details
When you opt to parse your resume during the Onboarding process, Degreed scans your uploaded document for experiences, achievements, and skills. Degreed then pulls that information into your Degreed profile and discards the document, and you can review the extracted information on-screen. You can edit what was extracted, add it to your profile, or remove it from the system.
Degreed supports the following languages for resume parsing:
- Chinese (Simplified)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is a role not showing up for selection during my onboarding?
A role displays during onboarding if it is marked as Featured in Onboarding by an Admin, and the Plan associated with it does not have restricted visibility.